The R&M-OP1 is an affordable open humanoid robot platform powered by an onboard Intel NUC © PC. Linux Ubuntu 14.04 operating system giving you all the processing power you need.
It’s similiar to the Darwin OP robot platform provided by the company robotis but at fractional of the costs, you will save 2/3 of your money to the original platform !
Smart sensors allows to customize this development platform to enable many research, education and outreach activities.
The OP1 humanoid robot platform can be ordered as a build it yourself kit or as a pre-built robot.
- 20 R&M Robot Actuators RS-25R – RS485
- R&M Robot Subcontroller (CM730 compatible)
- Intel NUC (c) Board-PC with 4Gb Ram, 32 Gb SSD and Ubuntu 14.04
- 3-cell 11.1v 1800 mAH LiPo Battery
- USB Webcam with integrated Microphone
- Loudspeaker 20mm 0,3 W
- Interface PCB with buttons, Head PCB with RGB-LED’s, Power PCB with Power Jack and Lipo Manager
- LiPo Charger
- Metal Brackets, Frames and Servohorns
- 3D Printed Covers (professional SLS-printer, material Nylon PA12)
- Assembly Hardware and Tools
- Power and Data Cables
R&M RS-25R Robot Servo
The RS-25R servo actuator from R&M is an advanced actuator to an affordable price and compatible to the Robotis DYNAMIXEL protocol. The dimension of this servo is equal to the MX28 from Robotis. This servo allows to feedback speed, load, shaft position, temperature, voltage and many other parameters.
Frames and Brackets
All frames, brackets and servohorns are made from stable aluminium – black anodized, the covers are printed on 3D-SLS printer and made from nylon.
Robotcontroller (CM730 compatible)
The R&M robotcontroller contains all the interfaces and sensors to controll the OP1 robot.
- ARM Cortex M3 STM32F103RE 72MHz
- 3 axis Accelerometer
- 3 axis Gyroscope
- 16 Analog/GPIO’s (6 used for Head-Interface)
- TTL and RS-485 Robot servo interface (compatible to Robotis DYNAMIXEL)
- XBEE/ZigBEE/TTL/USB serial communication
Onboard Intel NUC(c) Computer with Linux
The R&M-OP1 is an affordable open humanoid robot platform powered by an onboard Intel NUC © PC. Linux Ubuntu 14.04
operating system giving you all the processing power you need.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS PROCESSOR
• Intel® Atom™ Processor E3815 (1.46 GHz Single Core, 512 KB Cache, 5W TDP)
• Supports Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
• Supports Intel® 64 architecture2
• One DDR3L SO-DIMM slot for memory expandability up to 8 GB (4 GB preinstalled)
• 1.35V, 1333/1600 MHz (downclocked to 1066 MHz)
• Intel® HD Graphics (400 MHz)
• One HDMI* 1.4a port
• One eDP 1.3 (2-lane with backlight and adjustable voltage/timings)
• One VGA port (header port)
• Integrated Intel 10/100/1000 Network Connection
• Four Super Hi-Speed USB 3.0 ports (two back panel ports and two front ports)
• Two additional Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports via internal Header (internal used for USB-CAM and Subcontroller communication)
INTEL® PRO 10/100/1000
• Low-power design
• Intel Wireless-Interface 802.11n / 300Mbits
• One SATA port (3 Gb/s) with SATA DOM support and + 5V SATA power header ( 32 GB SSD preinstalled)
• 4 GB eMMC device built-in
• One PCI Express* half-length mini-card connector (used for preinstalled wireless adapter)
• One Custom Solutions header (DMIC,AppLaunch GPIO, HDMI_CEC, SMBus, I2C[0:1],PWM[0:1] w/5V buffers, 1.8/3.3/5 Vstby)
• Intel® HD Audio8 via Mini HDMI 1.4a and Mini
DisplayPort 1.2 output supporting 8 channel (7.1) digital audio
• Intel® HD Audio via stereo analog audio jack
(microphone in/headphone out/speaker out)
The OP1-Framework which is based on the open-source DARwin-OP framework from ROBOTIS and Virginia Tech University, has been modified to run this platform with the RS-25R robotservos and is free expandable. A new feature is the speech recognition framework which is based on pocketsphinx. All of the software is completely open-source and available for anyone to download.